Why is it perfect for experts?
Extremely flexible sealant based on MS hybrid polymer that replaces all other sealants: Decorators' caulk, sanitary silicone sealant, building mastic sealant, anti-moisture sealant, glazing sealant, natural stone sealant, concrete sealant, etc.
Easy to apply and perfectly repaintable.
Superior adhesion combined with permanent elasticity makes for durable joints.
Can perfectly withstand weather and wind, UV rays and temperature fluctuations.
Why use X-Seal ?
- Safe natural stone sealant for all types of stone such as marble, granite, bluestone, (most) composite materials, concrete, masonry, door sills, window sills & lintels, worktops, countertops, etc.
- Sanitary silicone sealant for mould-resistant joint sealing in sanitary facilities and wet rooms.
- Building mastic sealant for connection- and expansion joints in construction and industry applications.
- Glazing putty.
- Sealing of façade and structural elements such as shopfronts, door casings, windows, panels, insulating boards, prefabricated elements, etc.
- EC1935 ISEGA food contact approval: suitable for use in the food and hospitality industries
- Airtight bonds in AEN (almost energy-neutral) and ecological 'passive construction'. Very low emissions: Emicode EC1 Plus / VOC (Volatile Organic Compounds) emission class A+.
- Application temperature from +5°C to +40°C.
- Apply onto a clean and stable substrate. Fully remove old sealant residues.
- If necessary, clean with Tec7 Cleaner and/or Multiclean.
- Apply with a manual, electric or pneumatic caulking gun.
- Test the adhesion to plastics such as PP and PE, silicones, powder coatings, exotic woods and bituminous materials. Use PT7 as a primer, if necessary. Start by strengthening weak and/or porous substrates with Fixprimer.
- Use Tec7 Cleaner to clean and degrease safely, obtain the perfect finish and to remove uncured Tec7 products. Use HP Clean to finish porous materials, like natural stone.
- Can be painted immediately after skin formation. Use paint or varnish depending on the movement of the joint. Alkyd resins will cure slowly on uncured X-Seal.
Use XealPro for permanent immersion, such as swimming pools.
SEAL ANYTHING, ANYWHERE
- Basis: MS hybrid polymer.
- Odour: neutral.
- Shore A hardness (German standard DIN 53505): 32.
- Modulus at 100% elongation (DIN 53504 S2): ± 0.6 N/mm².
- Elongation before rupture (DIN 53504 S2): ± 600%.
- Elastic recovery (DIN EN ISO 7389): > 60%.
- Tensile strength (DIN 53504 S2): ± 1.6 N/mm².
- Mobility: 20%.
- Consistency (DIN EN ISO 7390): stable to ≤ 3 mm.
- Curing: by polymerisation under the influence of humidity.
- Application temperature: +5°C to +40°C.
- Open time at 23°C/50% RH: max. 30 min.
- Full-hardening at 23°C and 50% RH: after 24h: ± 2.5 mm; after 48h: ± 3.5 m.
- Shrinkage after curing (DIN EN ISO 10563) ≤ 3%.
- Repaintable: yes.
- Density at 23°C and 50% RH: 1.48 ± 0.05 g/cm³.
- Temperature resistance: from -40°C to +90°C.
- Chemical resistance:
- Good: water, aliphatic solvents, oils, fats, diluted organic acids and bases
- Moderate: esters, ketones and aromatics
- Not resistant to: concentrated acids and chlorinated hydrocarbons.
- Weather resistance: very good.
- Shelf life: 18 months in the original packaging if stored in a cool, dry place.
- Frost resistant during transport, down to -15°C.
- Safety measures: Please consult the safety data sheet.