Why is it perfect for experts?
Aquastop Paste is an MS polymer filling paste for repair, bonding and waterproofing and replaces most existing products such as liquid rubbers, tar coatings,...
Aquastop Paste is a stiffer paste than the semi fluid Aquastop Liquid. That makes it ideal for applications where a greater thickness is needed as with cracks and transitions between materials.
Also suitable for vertical applications.
- Perfect waterproofing membrane
- Excellent adhesion to most building materials
- Contains no bitumen and solvents
- Also suitable for vertical applications due to its thickness
- UV, chemical and weather resistant
- Environmentally friendly
- Easy to use
- Fast curing (2mm: 24h at +23°C and 50% RH).
- Polymerization by humidity
- Free of isocyanates, solvents and plasticizers (phthalates)
- VOC free (volatile organic compounds)
- Almost odourless: ideal for indoor and outdoor applications
Why use Aquastop Paste ?
- Repair of blow and cracks in roofing such as roofing
- Repair of roof gutters and drains
- Sealing of penetrations: connecting roof windows, fireplaces, skylights, ...
- Bonding of floor coverings such as tiles, cork, laminate, carpet, insulation panels, rigid foam, PIR, PUR,...
- Renovation and protection of timber structures such as porches, decks, garden panels, ... .
- Repair of lead and zinc corrosion.
- Roof repair: on bitumen, tiles, slates, zinc,...
- Protection of underground garden timber.
- Remove any dust or grease from the substrate.
- Pre-treat highly absorbent, weak, dusty and rusty substrates with Fixprimer.
- Reinforce areas that are weak and/or prone to cracks with Aquastop Tape. Using a spatula, press Aquastop tape into the applied layer of Aquastop Paste. The tape must be well embedded in the membrane.
- For larger areas (> 4m²), cover the entire surface with a nonwoven cloth. Start with a layer of Aquastop Paste; press the nonwoven cloth into the product and apply another layer of Aquastop Paste immediately after.
- Smooth the surface with TEC7 Cleaner and a spatula.
- Immediately clean tools with Tec7 Cleaner and hands with Powerwipes. Cured Aquastop Paste can only be removed mechanically.
- Aquastop Paste is immediately waterproof. During the first 6 hours a rain or hail shower can deform the surface.
- Keep a container of Aquastop Paste as airtight as possible once opened, by closing the inner liner.
This ensures that the used container of Aquastop Paste will keep for a short period of time.
ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY WATERPROOFING
- Basis: MS polymer.
- Colour: grey.
- Density: 1.45 kg/dm3.
- Viscosity: pasty.
- Shore hardness - DIN 53505: after 3 weeks at 23°C and 50% RH: 35 Shore A.
- Shrinkage - DIN AND ISO 10563: ≤ 4.0%.
- Tensile strength: 10 kg/cm2.
- Elongation at break: Approx. 300%.
- Module at 100% elongation and +23°C - DIN 53504 S2: ≥ 0.6 N/mm2.
- Application temperature: +5°C to +35°C.
- Temperature resistance (cured): -40°C to +90°C.
- Open working time at 23°C and 50% RH: max. 30 min.
- Curing 24h: 2 mm (+23°C, 50% RH) 100% chemically stable and resilient after 7 days (at 23°C and 50% RH).
- Chemical resistance: good: water, aliphatic solvents, oils, greases, diluted organic acids and alkalis; moderate: esters, ketones and aromatics; bad: concentrated acids and chlorinated hydrocarbons.
- Weather resistance: perfect.
- Water vapour transmission (DIN EN ISO 12572): 3,3.
- Shelf life: 12 months in unopened original packaging stored in cool, dry and frost-free environment.
- Safety measures: Please consult the safety data sheet.