Why is it perfect for experts?
Semi liquid, self-levelling MS polymer which, after hardening, creates a 300% stretchable and 100% waterproof membrane.
Replaces most products such as liquid rubbers, tar coatings,...
- UV-, chemical and weather resistant
- Environmentally friendly and almost odourless
- Easy to use
- Fast curing (2,4mm/24h. at +23°C and 50% > RH)
- Immediately waterproof
- Polymerisation by humidity
- Contains no rubber or bitumen
- Free of isocyanates, solvents and plasticizers (phthalates)
- VOC free (volatile organic compounds)
Why use Aquastop Liquid ?
Aquastop Liquid is a thick, self-levelling liquid which is applied with a spatula, floor squeegee, brush or foam roller.
- Waterproofing of sub-floor* (bathroom, shower, laundry room, etc.).
- Repair of metal and plastic roof gutters and drains.
- Bonding of floor coverings such as tiles, cork, laminate, carpet, insulation panels, rigid foam, PIR, PUR, etc.
- Renovation and protection of timber structures such as porches, decks, garden panels, etc.
- Repair of lead and zinc corrosion.
- Renovation and repair of boats, caravans, mobile homes, etc.
- Roof repair: on bitumen, tiles, slates, PVC, zinc, etc.
- Protection of underground garden timber.
- Make sure the substrate is stable, dust- and grease-free.
- Start by strengthening weak and porous substrates with Fixprimer.
- Fill joints or cracks with Aquaseal. Aquastop Liquid can be applied after 30 minutes.
- Reinforce areas that are weak and/or prone to cracks with Aquastop Tape:
- Roof pass-throughs, connections, corners
- Cracks or joints
- Transitions between different materials or structures
- Apply Aquastop Liquid in a single layer at least 2 mm thick for optimal waterproofing and UV resistance.
- Apply with a spatula, brush or squeegee.
- Immediately clean tools with TEC7 Cleaner and hands with Powerwipes. Cured Aquastop Liquid can only be removed mechanically.
- A rain or hail shower can deform the surface if it strikes during the first 6 hours.
- Keep a container of Aquastop Liquid as airtight as possible once opened, by closing the inner liner.
This prolongs the shelf life of the opened pot of Aquastop Liquid for a short period of time.
LIQUID WATERPROOFING MEMBRANE
- Basis: MS polymer.
- Colour: black.
- Density: 1,45 kg/dm³.
- Viscosity: thick liquid.
- Shore hardness - DIN 53505: after 3 weeks at 23°C and 50% R.H.: 35 Shore A.
- Shrinkage - DIN EN ISO 10563: ≤ 4.0%.
- Tensile strenght: 10 kg/cm².
- Elongation at break: approx. 300%.
- In conformity with the European standard ETAG Nr. 005.
- Module at 100% elongation and +23°C - DIN 53504 S2: ≥ 0.6 N/mm².
- Application temperature: +5°C to +35°C.
- Temperature resistance (cured): -40°C to +90°C.
- Open working time at 23°C and 50% R.V.: max. 30 min.
- Curing 24h: 2,5 mm (+23°C, 50% RH) 100% chemically stable and resilient after 7 days (at 23°C and 50% RH).
- Chemical resistance: good: water, aliphatic solvents, oils, greases, diluted organic acids and alkalis; moderate: esters, ketones and aromatics; bad: concentrated acids and chlorinated hydrocarbons.
- Weather resistance: perfect.
- Water vapour transmission (DIN EN ISO 12572): 3,3.
- Shelf life: 12 months in unopened original packaging, stored in cool, dry and frost-free environment.