Why is it perfect for experts?
A pasty MS polymer paste for repairs, bonding and waterproofing, before and after finish with Aquastop Paste & Liquid.
- Can be applied directly on to a bituminous surface.
- High initial adhesion.
- Also suitable for vertical applications due to its thickness.
- Excellent adhesion to most building materials.
- UV, chemical and weather resistant.
- Environmentally friendly and almost odourless: ideal for indoor and outdoor applications.
- Easy to use, no primer necessary.
- Fast curing (2 mm: 24 h at +23°C and 50% RH).
- Can be applied on slightly damp substrates.
Why use Aquaseal ?
Aquaseal is a stiff, black filler paste for vertical and horizontal applications and may be spread with a spatula or adhesive spreader.
- Vertical damp proofing (shower enclosures*, basement walls, etc.).
- Bonding of tiles and panels (also vertically) in washrooms.
- Repair of blisters and cracks in roof lining such as roofing.
- Repair of metal and plastic roof gutters and drains.
- Sealing of roof penetrations: connection of roof windows, fireplaces, securing of solar panels or satellite receivers, skylights, etc.
- Bonding of floor coverings such as tiles, cork, laminate, carpet, insulation panels, rigid foam, PIR, PUR, etc.
- Renovation and protection of timber structures such as porches, decks, garden panels, etc.
- Repair of lead and zinc corrosion.
- Renovation and repair of boats, caravans, mobile homes, etc.
- Roof repair: on bitumen, tiles, slates, PVC, zinc, etc.
- Protection of underground garden timber.
- Waterproofing of planters and cultivation tables.
- Always perform an adhesion test.
*Aquastop Liquid can be tiled after curing; use Aquaseal as tile adhesive.
- Remove any dust or grease from the surface. Use HP Clean as a solvent free degreaser. Rinse well with clean water.
- Aquaseal may be applied to a slightly damp substrate, not on a visible water layer.
- Strengthen weak substrates by treating them with Fixprimer (do not use on a ceramic substrate, unsanded metals or plastics).
- Reinforce areas that are weak and/or prone to cracks with Fiberglass Tape:
- Roof penetrations, connections, corners.
- Cracks and joints.
- Transitions between different materials or structures.
- If necessary, Aquaseal can spread out with a spatula, adhesive spreader or stiff paint brush.
- If necessary, apply a second coat of Aquaseal. This is possible as soon as a skin is forming.
- Immediately clean tools with Tec7 Cleaner and hands with Powerwipes. Cured Aquaseal can only be removed mechanically.
- Aquaseal is instantly waterproof. During the first 6 hours a rain or hail shower can deform the surface, without compromising the waterproofing, however.
- Aquaseal can be finished even more easily in the top coat by using Tec7 Cleaner.
- Aquastop adheres also well on sanded PVC (80 to 200 grain), ABS and polyester. An adhesion test should be performed on other plastics and EPDM foils. Allow Aquastop time to cure fully on a test surface and check the bonding. Aquastop can be applied to fresh concrete or alkaline surfaces.
- Use Roof for repairs at freezing temperatures and/or under water.
WATERPROOFING AND BONDING WITH 1 PRODUCT
- Based on: MS polymer.
- Colour: black.
- Density: 1,45 kg/dm³.
- Viscosity: pasty.
- Shore hardness - DIN 53505: after 3 weeks at 23°C and 50% R.V.: 35 Shore A.
- Shrinkage (DIN EN ISO 10563): ≤ 4.0%.
- Tensile strenght: 10 kg/cm².
- Elongation at break: +/- 500%.
- Module at 100% elongation and +23°C (DIN 53504 S2): ≥ 0.6 N/mm².
- Application temperature range: +5°C to +40°C.
- Temperature resistance (cured): -40°C to +90°C.
- Open working time at 23°C and 50% R.H.: max. 30 min.
- Curing 24h: 2 mm (+23°C, 50% RH) 100% chemically stable and resilient after 7 days (at 23°C and 50% RH).
- Chemical resistance: good: water, aliphatic solvents, oils, greases, diluted organic acids and bases; moderate: esters, ketones and aromatics; bad: chlorinated hydrocarbons.
- Weather resistance: perfect.
- Water vapour transmission (DIN EN ISO 12572): 2,9.
- Shelf life: 12 months in unopened original packaging, stored in cool, dry and frost-free environment.
- Safety measures: Please consult the safety data sheet.