MOUNTING A WINDOWSILL
Mounting a stone windowsill isn’t an easy job, because it has to be mounted perfectly level.
With X-TACK7 we can position and mount the windowsill easily, thanks to the high viscosity and the great fixation strength. This means that we do not have to provide for extra support or fixation.
Step 1: Preparation
- Remove loose dust and particles with the vacuum cleaner.
- Degrease the back of the windowsill with FOAM7. Allow the product to penetrate for a few seconds and rub dry with a cleaning cloth.
Step 2: mounting a windowsill
- Apply to the substrate, at intervals of every 50 cm, a double row of X-TACK7 beads. Then, on top of each bead, apply an extra bead of X-TACK7. This assures adequate play with regard to height.
- Position the windowsill carefully with the tape measure, water level and the rubber hammer.
- Once the windowsill is correctly positioned, it will remain in this position.
Step 3: Finishing
- Remove any excess X-TACK7 with the MAGIC CLEAN7 Tissues.
- Take account of a full hardening of 2 mm per 24 hours (20°C) before applying any weight.